Re: Strange comparisons people are making

On Sep 13, 2001 Dave Roberts <dave@studio-33.co.uk> wrote
   in <Rwio$uAYxMo7Ew0F@smartproof.fsnet.co.uk>:

> In article <1NVn7.5377$N3.566616@news1.rdc1.va.home.com>, Havoc <
> >We believe we have the best system of government in the world.

I think Havoc into my kill-file, so I can only quote him indirectly as
above I have above.  I remember someone once said, "We have the best
government money can buy."

> Your last elections were a joke.

If anyone is at all interested in my comments about the US electoral
system, you can read

 http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/politics/ec-defense.html

Which defends the Electoral College, but calls for Condorcet preference
voting so that we don't have, as you say in you sig,

>    'There's no one left to vote for only fools to vote against.'
>     Roy Harper 2000

As for the vote counting and re-counting fiasco, I have another essay

 http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/politics/two-principles.html

Which, I believe, says things that others hadn't already been saying.

Note that these were written before the "out-come" had become clear.

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg
 I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html