Re: Get a grip on it and don't get blinded

On Sep 13, 2001 evil_slk_driving_hmo_borg_koi@groupdeath.zzn.com wrote
   in <nei1qtkugnaktd6q78gv6qsjr5qhcclh3q@4ax.com>:

> Do people really live in Manhattan?

I have a substantial number of fairly close relatives who live in
Manhatten.

> How much does an apartment down there cost?

It is impossible to say.  NYC has remarkable rent-control laws which drive
the true price underground (There is a huge "moving in fee").

My cousin recently bought something in Harlem, but I don't know the
details.  I do know that property values went up after Clinton then moved
in a few blocks away.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg