[JDM] Open or closed book?

Now that you have taken the exam and have a copy to review yourselves
(with my notes), I would like to ask whether you could be persuaded that a
closed book exam would have been better.

Did using your notes and textbooks really help?

From what we learned about memory, people remember better if they
understand?

In neither the open or closed book variety would I want names and dates,
but clear demonstration of understanding of the concepts.  But with open
book you might be tempted to try to write more.

I personally think that a closed book exam is easier and less stressful
for everyone, but made this open book by popular demand.

Cheers,

Livia

--
Livia Markoczy                              | Cranfield School of Management
L.Markoczy@Cranfield.ac.uk                  | +44 (0)1234 751 122 (x3757)